From Open Foris Wiki
This script generates a grid of points over an image text file, with user-defined spacing in x and y directions. Output is a text file with the coordinates of the points.
Usage: oft-gengrid.bash <input_img> <DX> <DY> <output>
Where: <input_img> is a georeferenced input image <DX> distance between the points in X direction <DY> distance between the points in Y direction
- Get Example data set. Open your working directory using
- Run the command line for generating the grid of 1000 x 1000 m distance over the image
oft-gengrid.bash images/landsat_t1.tif 1000 1000 results/grid_points.txt
- Look at the first lines of your result:
- This is how they look like:
1 730785 -2456134
2 730785 -2455134
3 730785 -2454134
- Load the data in QGIS using 'Add Delimited Text Layer' and see how it overlays on your Landsat image.
|Zoom of the result overlayed on the original Landsat image in QGIS|