From Open Foris Wiki
This script creates a NDVI image using (NIR-VIS) / (NIR + VIS)
Usage: oft-ndvi.bash <input> <output> <R_band> <NIR_band> [mask]
- Input data is an image stack. User gives the location of Red and NIR band (in regular Landsat TM/ETM 3 and 4)
- Number of bands is not restricted
You can include a mask_image into this process by using the option [mask]
- Get Example data set
- For this exercise following tools are used: oft-ndvi.bash
- Open your working directory using
- Run the command line for calculating the NDVI for your satellite image where landsat_t1.tif is your input image and NDVI_landsat_t1.tif will be your NDVI output image. The numbers <3> and <4> refer to the band numbers for the VIS and NIR bands.
oft-ndvi.bash landsat_t1.tif ../results/NDVI_landsat_t1.tif 3 4
- Load NDVI_landsat_t1.tif in QGIS
- Check that all pixels of your NDVI image have the expected values between -1 and 1.
- Here is an example of how the result looks like:
|Zoomed view of the original Landsat image||Zoomed view of the NDVI-result using the 'freak out' colour map in QGIS.|