CALC can be installed on your computer through a CALC installer. CALC operates in synergy with other supporting software which, if not already present, should be installed. The supporting softwares are:
- Java Development Kit [Jdk]
- Postgres: an object-relational database management system; as a database server, its primary function is to store data and retrieve it later, as requested by other software applications.
- R: a free software programming language and software environment for statistical computing and graphics.
The installation process can be carried out following these steps:
- Download and install Jdk 1.8 + [http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html]
- Download and install Postgres 9.4 + [http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload]. Note: the required password should be set as ‘postgres’.
- Download and install R 3.2 + [http://cran.r-project.org/].
- Download and install Open Foris Calc
Step number 5 will download the following executable file:
Double click to launch the CALC set up Wizard